Pepper Crusted Filet Mignon Recipe
The Filet Mignon is the ultimate symbol of refined indulgence. Filet Mignon is a special-occasion classic. For this best lean and singular cut of meat, you can certainly get away with this most simple recipe.
Serves 2 | Prep Time: 15 min | Cooking Time: 15 min
• 2 filet mignons, (about 1 1/2 inches thick) ready tied by Olivier’s
• Coarse salt and very coarsely ground pepper
• 2 teaspoons olive oil
• Red Wine Sauce or Truffle Butter for serving (optional)
1. Season filets very generously on all sides with salt and pepper (especially
pepper), patting in firmly
2. Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high. Cook filets until desired doneness, 3
to 5 minutes per side (depending on thickness) for medium-rare
3. Remove strings from filets, and serve with Red Wine Sauce or top with
Truffle Butter for it’s fancy flavour and aroma, if desired.